Spend a full day high above Florence riding through the Tuscan hills and towns. A family-run Chianti winery visit is included. A great tour for bike enthusiasts!
Chianti Electric Bike Safari
Ride hidden Chianti country roads on an electric mountain bike
Since 1993 we promise:
No museums, no churches, no annoying crowds!
- Adult (Ages 19+)
Explore Chianti and Tuscany in an active and sustainable way and have lunch at a countryside “Antico Vinaio”
If you are looking for a unique way to explore the beauty of the Chianti Classico hills, on an active and fun tour that also has some easy unpaved streets, you have found the right activity for you!
Starting from our office in the Oltrarno area of Florence (the quietest and close to the countryside), after meeting your expert guide and getting fit on your high-quality E-bikes, you will start heading towards Chianti, passing through luxurious hills just next to the city, surrounded by ancient villas and great views over the capital of the Renaissance.
On this 25 miles itinerary, you will experience great and untouched landscapes of the real Tuscany and Chianti Classico!
Your local guide will share his knowledge of olive oil and winemaking in the area and tell you some fun and interesting stories while leading you through amazing backroads.
For lunch, we will stop in a quiet Chianti village where we will try a very popular “panino” freshly made with local ingredients while sipping a glass of wine. At this local sandwich store in the countryside, Florentine people go for a good and quick lunch break while enjoying the countryside. If you are planning to visit the famous “Antico Vinaio” in central Florence, this is going to be a similar experience, just less touristy and more authentic. The store is filled with locally sourced cheese and cold cuts, and the bread and “schiacciata” are freshly made in the oven: a true delicacy!
After lunch, we will head back toward Florence on a different and very scenic route.
- The minimum height for Electric bikes is 140cm / 14 years of age.
- E-bikes are easy to ride but you must be proficient at riding a bike and in good shape!
- If special care is needed as regards food i.e. (diabetics/allergies) please let us know in advance and we will endeavor to accommodate you. We can accommodate vegetarians or vegans.
- The ride on our Electric bikes is going to be an easy-moderate difficulty, depending on the level of assistance you will use from the electric engine.
- For an easier but still beautiful bike ride, check out our Chianti Classico & Tuscany E-bike tour!